Skip to main content

"Cerulean Blue" by Carol Eliassen

Some call me Cerulean blue.  I am a coat of many hues that range from Cyan the great to the depths of the dark deep blue.   I’m not really one but many.  I sometimes overlay my bluest of friends.  I may be dimmer than some but I can accent anyone.  

I love to be the colorful flower swaying in the wind or the backdrop of the sky as the white fluffy clouds cluster nearby.

My Artist friend uses me to be a fragment of the color of a fish in a tropical sea or the background of a pink salmon breed.  I am versatile at best and can be used with all my palette companions, especially sunflower lemon yellow, flaming tomato red, or that outrageous lime green.

I tend to light up the sky behind the tall snow covered mountains or help that bright frothing white to accent the towering swells that are turbulent in the precarious Bay. I have to admit though my favorite place to be is with a vase of other colors swaying in the breeze.

I am versatile at best not like all the rest.  I’m not just blue, I’m also a hue. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Artwork

Eli the Crow Okay, I'm not a multi-talented artist. I just like to dabble with acrylics, watercolors, and photography. I have also been totally enthralled by the Heirloom Traditional Paint Company out of  Kentucky, so much so, that I painted my kitchen cabinets myself. I have now bought enough paint to redo every piece of furniture I have. Why? It is because I love playing with colors. Maybe I never really grew up! Coloring books even made a comeback for adults in recent years. I should have thought of that idea first!  I usually digitize my art and then throw it onto my gallery. I am not concerned about sales as much as having a place to put my art. I enjoy viewing it and seeing if I am making any progress in my skill set. I don't always sit and do art, or take my camera everywhere I go, so my progression is really, really slow, but then again, that really isn't my goal in my hobbies and crafts. I just like doing them. I don't need to be the best, or the greatest, or h

After You Convert Your Artwork - Part 2: What Next?

Now that you have converted your artwork to a digital format it is now time to find out what you can do with it!  I like using my digital art and photography to design products, sell prints, and for adding to my stories and articles that I like to write and post. Some of my artwork can be found on Etsy at www.earthsflowers.com . I use the company Printify to upload the artwork and attach it to products that I can sell, from cups to clothing. This company interfaces with Etsy so once I design something I upload it to Printify which is easy to link with my Etsy and Pattern (full website that they offer) store. I normally use Photoshop 2023 for my designs as well as utilizing some options available through Printify. I will also use templates that are available in the Canva app too. In Canva I can use their templates or design my own. It really is a mix of options that I use from Canva, which is a paid service if you want their premium products to download in .png format (with no backgroun